We are looking for a Senior Engine Control System Engineer. Successful candidates will play a unique and central role in System Test activities for control algorithms of avionics systems and software in order to meet the requirements of DO-178B Level A as well as the activities of engine certification.
- Lead a team of system and validation & verification engineers
- Train and coach Control Design engineers in Aircraft Engine Control Systems.
- Support and/or validate the System Tests created by the team.
- In conjunction with the Discipline Lead, provide technical direction and solutions.
- On the business side, help the company to grow credibility on Engine Software design.
- Support and/or lead technical communications with the customer.
- Support continuous improvement process on team organization, tools usage and methods/techniques for System Test engineers.
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Systems or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of system experience with Engine Controls (Turbofan, Turboshaft, Turboprop).
- Exposure to certification process and system safety assessment for critical systems.
- Ability to isolate and troubleshoot hardware, system and software problems.
- Experience with communication protocols – ARINC 429, CANBUS, RS422, Ethernet.
- Knowledge of the standard DO-178B & C, Design Level of Assurance A.
- Exposure to Model Based Design Tools like Matlab/Simulink or Scade.
- Knowledge of configuration or requirement management tools (SVN, Clearcase, DOORS, …).